Thursday, June 11, 2009
I am really excited to post this tutorial about how to make these cute little paper posies! They are so easy to make and you can also use paper scraps for them.
1. Rip 4 paper circles in differents sizes and paper designs. You don't have to be perfect with this! It looks cool when they really look ripped, so don't try to get it perfect.
2. Wad up each paper in your hand to make it look really wrinkled. Flatten each of the circles out.
3. I like to ink the edges of each circle with a stamp pad. It gives them dimension and it looks pretty! You can use any color stamp pad that matches the paper.
4. Lay each circle on top of each other starting with the biggest and ending with the smallest. Now, you can either attach a brad in the center (that is what I did) or you can put a pretty button in the center!
5. There a a few different ways I have made this card: the first one, I covered the bottom half of a 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch card with patterned paper and glued a strip of ric rac at the top of the patterned paper. Then I put the posey in the center at the top of the card where it its blank. Your can either glue the posey down or stick the brad through the paper and attach it that way.
6. The other card is made with a strip of patterned paper going down the side of the card. Rip both edges of the paper so the white inside of the paper shows.
7. Then I attached the posey so it was half way on the patterned paper and halfway on the blank card. I also stamped Birthday Wishes on the bottom right hand corner of the card. You can also just leave the card blank if you wish.
8. Ink the edges with a stamp pad or a chalk ink pad.
9. These cards are so simple to do and you use tons of paper scraps!
Please make a comment if you have any questions, or just want to say Hi! I love comments....
I hope this inspired you to use up your paper scraps and make something lovely to give to someone else!