If you haven't entered the Scrapbook goodies Giveaway, click on "Current Giveaway" above to enter!
A few days ago, I saw some foam balls in my closet that I bought at the Dollar Tree a year or so ago. I racked my brain for a cute ornament I could make with it.
I wanted to make an ornament that wasn't your traditional Green and Red, sooooo here is what I came up with!
-white foam balls (dollar tree!)
-Modge Podge (Michaels, Joanns, hobby lobby)
-fabric (ripped into 3/4 x 5 inches long (I like the ripped look)
Sorry I didn't do step by step pictures, but this is such an easy craft. Who needs pictures, right?
1. Cover the ball with strips of fabric coated with modge podge. I wasn't real picky about whether the fabric was smoothed down. I just wrapped it around the ball. Do this with strips of fabric until you cover the whole ball.
2. Let dry overnight. This is an important step. It takes about 8-12 hrs to dry completely.
3. Glue on coordinating buttons in random places.
4. Glue a ribbon bow on top, with a coordinating ribbon for the loop. I glued the loop under the bow.
5. Your done! Let it dry completely of course before you hang it on your tree.
I like how it turned out. I wish I would have used glossy Modge Podge, but it is still pretty! Have fun with it!