Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Homemade Yummy Tomato Soup

I got the recipe for this soup out of a book that I checked out of the library.  I changed the recipe quite a bit, and I think it turned out great!  I used lots of veges out of our garden.  Here it is:

Yummy Tomato Soup
1/2 cube of butter
1 TBSP flour
8-10 tomatoes pureed in the blender
3-4 small green peppers without seeds, chopped
2 cans evaporated milk
2 cans of chicken broth

Melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour to make a roux, cooking until the roux is a medium brown.  Remove from heat.  
Heat Chicken broth and milk.  Gradually add the roux mixture until it thickens.     Gradually whisk in a bit of the tomato mixture, so that no lumps form, then stir in the rest.  Add green peppers.  Mix and cook on stove until heated through or until peppers are soft. Serve with French bread!  Soooo yummy.  Your family will loooove it!


10 comments:

  1. oh my gosh... that looks wonderful.

    We are having a Super Holiday Bloganza and wondered if you would like to help us host it.
    terrylee5151 at aol dot com

    Check it out and let me know what you think. Terry
    http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/2010/01/holiday-bloganza-calling-all-bloggers.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for an award on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting. I am your newest follower. Great blog. I especially loved all of your cute Halloween stuff; makes me want to break out all of my scrapbooking stuff and make something cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I blog hopped over your way with lots of love! Hope you can do the same. :o)

    www.simplystatedcreative.blogspot.com

    Smiles,
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Karen, I'm a new follower to your blog and that soup looks YUM!!!!

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a delicious recipe! I must try it sometime...

    I'm following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks really good, its not red but I am gonna try it!!! thanks for posting it

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yes, definitely trying this recipe!
    I am your newest follower via Family and Life of Las Vegas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm, that sounds so good!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your soup recipe was the "Pick of the Day" on my blog today. I added your link so others can get your yummy recipe. Hope you follow me at
    www.iheartdigiscrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...