Monday, January 16, 2012

Valentine Burlap Treat Bags {Tutorial}


I had some leftover Burlap from the Fall Table Runner I made last year {find that tutorial here} so I decide to make use of my new Martha Stewart Stencils and some Valentine fabric I had leftover from this Valentine Wreath last year!

I absolutely LOVE the way they turned out!  I think I may give these to some ladies I visit each month.

Here are the supplies you will need:


-7 x 8 inch pieces of burlap

-1 x 7 inch pieces of fabric for the ruffles

-paint

-stencils

-ribbon

-felt

-Bakers twine

I just ripped my 1 x 7 inch strips.  If you need a cool trick for making ruffles on your machine, click here.  Learning this trick has seriously changed my life:)

After the ruffles are made, sew them onto the 7 x 8 inch piece of burlap.  I sewed on 2.  


After you have finished sewing on the ruffles, fold your burlap width wise, and sew the edges together.



Next, turn right side out using a chop stick to push the corners out {carefully}.

I Loved these Martha Stewart Stencils!  They have adhesive on the back.  It was so much easier to use knowing it wasn't going to slide around!

The Stenciling was really easy, and I used fusible webbing to adhere the felt heart on the left treat bag.  I also sewed a little piece of ribbon to the bottom of the left treat bag. 

I love the cute touch of the bakers twine for closing the top!  

These didn't take hardly any time at all to make.  I want to make a ton, because they are just so fun to make:)





15 comments:

  1. These are really sweet! They could also make great decoration for a plain flower vase!!
    Feel free to submit this to my link party, would love to share it with more people!
    http://toastiestudio.blogspot.com/2012/01/made-monday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun idea. Thanks so much for linking up to my Valentine Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE! I host a Monday link party and would love for you to join me with this cute craft at http://anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-it-yourself-monday-11-link-up.html

    Wishing you a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cute and fun bags! Great tutorial. :-)

    (Stopping by from Everything Under the Moon)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finding I have a new love for Burlap. :) Thanks for the link up, found you on Someday Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely darling!! :) I love the ruffles with the burlap! So, so sweet! Thanks so much for linking up! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I would LOVE to get one of those for Valentines!!! I found you on Tip Junkie! I would like to invite you to share this post with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanted to let you know this was one of my top 3 picks from my link party!
    http://toastiestudio.blogspot.com/2012/01/made-monday-picks_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Treat bags...love all things burlap! Thanks for sharing! I shared it on my FB page tonight too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an awesome tutorial! Would love if you'd link it up on Teagan's Travels.

    http://teaganstravels.blogspot.com/2012/02/destination-inspiration-tuesday-diy.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun are those! And what a great use of burlap!

    I host a Weekly Friday Link Party that I would love you to join if you are interested.

    Have a wonderful day!

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so awesome! I just love burlap and baker's twine at the moment! Just became your newest follower and wanted to thank you for stopping by my Tuesday linky party. So hope you'll be back next week as I can't wait to see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://teaganstravels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...