Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tutorial How-To Scrap paper Ball Ornament



WOW! I can't believe what a slacker I am. Life has been so crazy lately, it hardly seems like there is time to do everything I want to do, so something got put on the back burner and yep, it was my Blog!

Well I am back and I have a fun Ornament you can make with a plain ball ornament and scraps of paper! Here's how it goes:

First go purchase some of those clear balls at Micheals, Joanns, or your local craft store. They aren't very expensive, especially if you have a 40% off coupon!

Next find a bunch of scrap paper (I used scrapbook paper) and cut them into long thin strips )about 2 x 6 inches.

Take each strip and roll them into a circle. It's kinda fun!

Now take the top of your ornament off, and stick the paper inside the hole at the top. You have to roll the paper really tight to get it in there, but it will loosen up once it gets in. It is fun to use lots of different paper, that coordinates, but you can pretty much use any colors. I usually use about 6 or 8 strips of paper. Use enough to fill up most of the inside of the ornament.

Next, put the top of the ornament back on, and tie some cute ribbon onto the top where there is a loop for hanging. I put 2 or three different colors of ribbon.

I love these ornaments and think they are so adorable! They are a great gift. You can personalize them for someone special, by using their favorite colors, favorite sports scrapbook paper, holidays, etc. The possibilities are endless! I hope you will try this out and let me know how it went.
Good Luck to you and I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

As always, I appreciate your comments and if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me: kweight@byu.net

8 comments:

  1. Fun! I bet you could throw some colorful confetti and glitter in too if you wanted to. Now I feel the need to run down to Michaels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea. I know I have lots of scraps of paper sitting in the closet.

    I like your pictures too. Helps to see finished project.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really interesting idea (^_^)ive been looking for something like that - to D.I.Y decorate my house! =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an AWESOME idea!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops.. Deleted my earlier comment ;( i LOVE these ornaments! I've been invited to an ornament exchange party and have been thinking of what to make for my ornament. I'll do this! Thank you so much for the idea!

    Thanks for following me ;)

    www.uvinyl.com
    www.uvinyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute and going on my to make list. I have pinned and stumbled this post. I am a new GFC, FB and Twitter follower from Flamingo Toes. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have come across from Flamingo Toes too. I love these - they are so unusual and sweet.

    I would love it if you would share them at my new Christmas link up - starting on Monday.

    http://twelvecraftsofchristmas.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-link-party-no3.html

    Hope to see you there!

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...