Friday, April 8, 2011

Mod Podged Frame with felt and fabric

I am looking for crafty people who would be interested in being a guest blogger!  If you are crafty, sew, or cook, and think you would be interested in doing a tutorial, share a recipe, etc. , please e-mail me at kweight@byu.net.  I would love to have a guest blogger once a week. I look forward to hearing from you! 

I love when you can make a craft for about $2!  I bought the frame a few months ago at Michael's, the tissue paper at Walmart and have a TON left, I had the fabric and felt already on hand.

Here is what you need:

Wood frame from $1 section of Michael's or other craft store
Tissue
Mod Podge
fabric
felt
picture
glue gun

I sanded my frame a little and painted it light Ivory.

I just painted one coat of paint.
Next, I ripped lots of strips of the tissue in different sizes. 
Now is the messy part!  Start sponge brushing Mod Podge all over the frame and press pieced of tissue all over the front and sides.  Sometimes I had to rip the piece to make it fit well.  No biggie.  It will look great no matter what.  You can't really go wrong with this!
I let the frame dry in the sun (yes, we actually had some today!).  It took about 1/2 hour.
This is where I fit the picture in and made sure all the flowers fit well on the frame before I glued them all down.

Here it is all finished and in my garden window!  I really love the tissue underneath.  It gives the frame a little more POP of color.  

Today has been such a beautiful day!  The sun is out and the trees are blooming!  It's amazing what a great mood the sun can put me in:)

I am linking up to these parties:
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Shanty 2 Chic 
Sassy Sites 
Spunky Junky 
Tatertots and Jello 
Mad Skills Party 
C.R.A.F.T. 
Craftoholics Anonymous 
Creative Crate 
Craftomaniac

3 comments:

  1. Found you through the Tatertots and Jello Link-up. I saw Mod Podge and I was in! I love your frame!! I used Mod Podge for my link-up too : )
    Beautiful work <3
    AOK*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm LOVING how this frame turned out. I have yet to make a rosette. I'm thinking I need to finally give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your frame turned out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...