Monday, November 7, 2011

Count Your Many Blessings Wall Art Tutorial


I can't believe I got this done today!  I worked on it a lot last night, and really it did not end up taking that much time to make once I figured out how I wanted to do it!  When I get obsessed about finishing something I can do it FAST!

First, I have to say I got this idea from Alison at Oopsey Daisy.  She did a fantastic job on hers!  Here is my twist on it:


Supplies:
12 x 12 piece of metal sheeting (you could use foam board too!)
coordinating scrapbook paper
template for trunk of the tree and foliage (go here)
1 inch paper punch
mod podge
pop dots
ribbon
vinyl lettering or cut letters out with Cricut or by hand

1.  Start with covering the metal sheeting or foam board with scrapbook paper.  I used the mod podge for this and make sure you use something to smooth the paper down while it's still wet.

2. Cut out the foliage of the tree using template, then glue down with mod podge.

3.  Cut out trunk and branches and glue down with mod podge.  Let it dry completely.

4.  Punch out pictures with paper punch and adhere each picture with a pop dot (it adds dimension!).  Choose your ribbon.  I used 2 colors.

I had a maple leaf punch I used for the 3 big leaves.


I like it as a wall hanging, but you can also set it on an easel and display it that way!




Here's what it looks like displayed hanging on my shelf.  I like it, but I LOVE it in my living room!

I love  how it coordinates with my table runner as well!!


Hope you like it!  I chose to use pictures of my family, because my kids are older.  I like to see the pictures of my kids and my parents and of course the hubs!


Guess what tomorrow is?  My birthday!!  I am going to do something for YOU to celebrate:)  Come back and see what I have up my sleeve!!

14 comments:

  1. lovely idea for a christmas gift.
    i'm all about making things with meaning. i'll be constructing my xmas cards from scratch. they'll be dang classy, and i'm so excited for the crafting experience! please offer any fabulous tips that you can!
    i'll need to enlarge one of the face circles for this particular project to accommodate for my gwendolyn's floppy ears. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so cute. Gives me an idea for a scrapbook page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Thanks for checking out my blog and your sweet comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tree! I don't think you could have found a more perfect paper for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just super-cute!! What a cool project!

    Happy Birthday tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, this looks beautiful and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    Thanks so much for guest-posting today, your table runner is totally gorgeous!!

    Adrianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I love how you used the photos. Would you share here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/our-home-for-holidays-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Karen! I love this craft idea for Thanksgiving but I also love that it is not just a seasonal decoration...I would be proud to display this year-round (all I might do, is change the leaves with each season)! Thanks so much for sharing it at the Rock 'n Share!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turned out so nice! I don't know anything about paper crafting. I am in awe! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks SO cute and festive, I’m book-marking this to make later! I found you via “Lil’ Luna Link Party”. I’m your newest follower and would love a “follow back”!

    Have a great week,

    Jillian @ www.foodfolksandfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable! I'm visiting from the Shady Porch Party, and now I'm your newest member!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...