Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cleaning with Vinegar

I am changing things up today folks.  On Sunday's  it's usually "Keeping it Real,"  but I can't thing of anything to say today, so I am going to post about this wonderful, miracle cleaner that I have been trying for a while now.

I know you have heard of Vinegar, but did you know they are thousands of ways you can clean with it? 

First I have to tell you a little about my Mother.  She is an angel.  I LOVE her!  She is pushing 81 these days, but she is as sharp as a tack.  

Her joy in life is to cut out articles out of the newspaper, or copy off hundreds of helpful hints for me, or ways to get rid of Lice.  

Most of the stuff, I don't pay that much attention too, but a few weeks ago she gave me some info about Cleaning with Vinegar.  


  My ears perked up.  You see I am not very fond of cleaning.  It's a pain and it encroaches on my crafting time, so anything I can do to make it easier and faster makes me happy!

So I have been trying some of the tips.  They REALLY work! 
The one I really like is cleaning my bathtub with Vinegar and dish soap.  It works VERY well.  The only thing I didn't like was how strong the Vinegar was while I was cleaning and it made me cough, but hey, my shower is Spic and Span!

Did you know Vinegar even strips all the hairspray build-up out of your hair?  REALLY!  My mom tried it and it works:)

So next time you go to clean with all those harsh chemicals, try Vinegar instead!  It's less toxic and it doesn't kill your brain cells.

If you have tried cleaning with Vinegar and have some tips to share, PLEASE leave it in the comments below!  I would love to hear:)

Hope you all have a great Sunday.  It's raining here, but I can tell, Spring is on it's way!

11 comments:

  1. Hi there! I found your blog through the blog hop! Ive recently been cleaning with vinegar as well...I was curious how much of each (vinegar and dish soap) you use to clean your shower??? The shower is always my least favorite chore :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally broke down and started using homemade cleaning recipes this year. I couldn't believe how well it worked. I have a bottle of vinegar/water (probably 50% solution although it could be much lower and still work) that is my normal household spray. It works on everything from counters, appliances, windows (better than streak free!) We use baking soda and vinegar to unclog drains, scrub icky toilets, remove soap scum. Fill a ziplock with vinegar, rubber band it to the faucet and in the morning the built up deposits will rub off with no fight. It's AMAZING! Oh, it's a better rinse aid in the dishwasher than anything commercial. Google homemade cleaning and you'll find tons of mixes for every part of your home and best part is that each mix costs a fraction of what you paid for the commercial alternatives. I guess there are two best parts, the homemade mixes are almost always made from your pantry so no dangerous chemicals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clean my class shower stalls with vinegar. I keep a spray bottle with vinegar in the shower. After I shower (and the doors are wet) I spray the vinegar on the door and rub with a washcloth. Then I squeegee and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... ok I meant "glass shower doors"... don't know where my brain is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to try the vinegar/dish soap. Thanks for the reminder...and now I know how well it works!

    makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great tip for the shower - going to try it today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a cleaning service and make all my cleaning products. My favorite is my "All Around Cleaner"

    1 cup white vinegar
    1 cup water
    a good squirt dish soap

    1 tablespoon lemon juice(opitional but will neutralize the vinegar smell)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use vinegar to get rid of the deposits around my sink that are left behind from our hard water and we also just used a little vinegar and some dish soap to clean our windows. It's great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vinegar er fos a great cleaning product, I love using half vinegar and half water for cleaning windows, does a great job. I will try the vinegar in my bath area. Thanks for showing us how and for sharing sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually had never heard of using vinegar to clean with. I too would rather be crafting than cleaning... I seriously need to clean the shower! Thanks for sharing at Manic Monday!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Use vinegar in a steam cleaner for your carpets too! It pulls up SOOO much dirt and filth without putting chemicals in your carpet. Those chemicals actually attract more dirt and make them dirty faster. You just pour the same amount vinegar in your steam cleaner as you would store bought cleaner. Yeah it stinks while you do it, but when the carpet dries, the smell is gone. You can also mix it with some hot water and put in a spray bottle for spot cleaning. Spray, dab and the spots disappear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...