Monday, March 26, 2012

Family Wood Blocks

Hello! 

 The sun is out and the kids are outside playing and here I am on the computer!  I just had to post this craft that I finished yesterday.

  Please excuse the crappy pictures.  I let my older kids take my camera out of town (I know, what was I thinking!), so I had to use a really cheapo camera that my daughter should have taken with her, but instead she has my good camera, arrgh!!


I bought the vinyl like 3 years ago from a friend and it's just been sitting around.  Finally I got motivated to paint it!


For this set, I used coordinating Scrapbook paper and mod podged it on the blocks, except the long one.  I just painted that one of my favorite colors:  Americana- "Spa Blue."  The "Family" blocks I painted with Martha Stewart's "Wedding Cake."  

I love the Spring colors, don't you?  

I may give this one away, but it will be hard to part with it!  


Hope your day is going great and that you have lots of Sun where you are!!




11 comments:

  1. The blocks turned out great. I would love it if you would come link this project up at my Pinworthy Projects Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I love the sentiment. Great mix of papers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! It would be perfect to make at a craft night because it could be personalized so easily. I'll be tucking this idea away for the future, thanks Karen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun craft and I love your paper choices! I can't believe you can just 'whip' one up in a day?! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those!!! What a great quote too!
    You should join me for Handmade 52 http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/2012/03/handmade-52-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! The color choice and the quote is perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors! So bright! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute idea! I would love for you to come share at my link party!
    Amy@homehappyhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, I love that so much!! I'm definately pinning it to remember for a future craft! Thanks!!

    Leanne @ http://www.becauseithinkican.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...