Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Canvas Art

I am so happy to have Kalyn from I Thought I Loved You Then with us today!  Take it away Kalyn!


Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!

Here is a quick little tutorial to dress up any room!





Supplies:

Canvas(square)
Paint
Scrapbook paper
Ribbon
Hot Glue
Mod Podge

Start out with a canvas, I used one that I messed up a project on before.

It was supposed to be Eliza's feet as a reindeer


Take your canvas and paint it, spray paint works great for these. I used green for obvious reasons



Now take your scrapbook paper and cut it into equal squares. I used two different papers for this, I can't believe how difficult it is to find St Pattys paper! Make sure you cut them smaller then your canvas so there is room at the top and in between the pieces.



Lay them out along with your top piece. The top piece should be bigger then the smaller pieces so it overlaps nicely, but still leaves the edges to be seen.



Once you are happy with it, glue down your paper. I really wish I had used my spray adhesive(I forgot I had it), mod podge can make paper pretty wrinkly.



Allow it to try, you can mod podge over it if you would like to really seal it, but again it gets wrinkled so I just let it be.


Once it is dry, make your bow and glue it on.

This project takes about 10 minutes to make(once the paint is dry) and is great to display in a dish holder!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...