Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pinch Me- St. Patrick's Day Blocks!


It's official- I am obsessed with GREEN!  I don't even celebrate St. Paddy's Day, but I just love all these Green decorations!  

Yesterday I came home from school and needed to do something crafty, so I made these cute and EASY Pinch Me Blocks!  

These are just a 2 x 4 cut into chunks, then I measured the blocks before I cut out the letters with my Cricut.  


First I painted my blocks with Americana Sour Apple {my favorite!} paint.

After it was dry, I chose some paper I had on hand, that had lots of green it it!  I got this paper at Micheal's or you can get it at most craft stores. 

I cut the paper in squares a bit smaller than the wood, then adhered it with  

After the Mod Podge was dry, I added another layer of Mod Podge on top of the paper.  When that was dry, I added the vinyl.  

Then, I sanded around all the edges for that shabby distressed look:)  


EASY!!  It made these in about 1 hour {with drying time} and it was with everything I already had on hand.  

 
 See that cute printable next to the blocks?  You can get that here.  

Have a FABULOUS day and be sure and stop by tomorrow for another FRIDAY FROLIC Linky Party!!


14 comments:

  1. These turned out so cute! I'm also loving the green lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that?! I love a project where I already have everything. Nice job! Following you via GFC. Saw you at Happy Hour Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, Happy St. David's Day (St. Patrick was Welsh you know). I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cuuute :))) Lovely blog you have here.. I am stopping in via Linky followers hop to follow ya with smiles & GFC.. Hope you can stop in and follow back sometime.. I'm Marilyn via http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com ... wishing ya a great evening.. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! Your blocks are way cute! I love green too, especially in the Winter--I can't get enough of it either. Hey, thanks for the link to my subway art! It fits right in with your blocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute! i love the idea of using the phrase "pinch me" in st. patty's decor. i would love for you to add this to my new link party... spreading the love. please go check it out if you are interested!
    http://lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/search/label/spread%20the%20love%20link%20party
    {love} lauryn @ love notes by lauryn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these, so adorable - had to pin! Thanks so much for sharing, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those blocks! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cute &simple ideas; Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still getting my mod podge skills down. This looks likes a great project to practice on. I'd love for you to share your blocks at my St. Patty's link party. :)

    http://whitelightsonwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/02/st-patricks-day-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great!! Would LOVE to have you share these at my link party going on right now and if you like what you see become my newest follower! Following you VIA Linky Followers
    http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/03/homemade-by-you-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. karen, these are gorgeous! Thanks for linking up at our St. Patrick's Day linky ~ your project is among tomorrow morning's highlights! Feel free to add anything more you may have done recently, the party is still open through tomorrow night!

    Adrianne
    www.happyhourprojects.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...