Thursday, October 20, 2011

Today's Guest: Young and Crafty

I am so excited to be guest posting today for Karen during Monster Bash! My name is Hannah and I blog over at Young and Crafty.



I'm going to show you how to make these giant candy corn.
Here are the supplies you will need:
2x4
Something bigger than a 2x4
Paint
Wood glue
Ok, let's get started!
Stack your blocks together and draw your lines. I just free handed this part. Your wider wood will be a pointer version of the candy corn.
Cut out your corn. I used a miter saw but you could easily use a miter box and some elbow grease! I sanded them down and rounded the tops and corners.
Take a generous amount of wood glue.
Clamp them together. I let them sit for about an hour or so.
Then paint each block the color of candy corn. I decided they were way to pretty.
So I sanded them a bit by roughing up the edges and lightly sanding over all of the paint.
Then I decided that they weren't distressed enough. I whipped out the stain and got this hot mess of a candy corn. It turned the white an awful shade of purple.
That corn got a redo. Obviously I couldn't put that on display!
And now I've got two beautiful candy corn!
I could just eat em' up. I looooveee me some candy corn. Even better is candy corn and peanuts!
They are hanging out on my floating shelves.
And here is how the whole wall looks!
I hope you have time to whip some of these up before Halloween! I'd love for you to come visit Young and Crafty sometime when you are bored :)
Thanks so much for letting me show off my giant candy corn Karen!

Those are adorable Hannah!! You have to stop by Hannah's blog.  She has so many cool projects!  Here is one of my favorites:
Isn't she a beauty?  Go to Young and Crafty to see how she made it!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute candy corns and a fun way to use up scrap wood too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...