Friday, June 10, 2011

I ran a 5K and actually finished!!

Last weekend I ran a 5K. It's only 3 miles, but I  have never ran in a 5K, 10K or any "K" before!  I was so excited that my friend Margene invited me to run this with her.  She even had t-shirts made for our little team!
Here we are before the run.  I am the 4th in from the left. My daughter is on my left. 

It was such a fabulous experience!  I am soooo glad I did it.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to finish, and to be totally honest, I almost walked part of it, but my daughter who ran with me said, "No Mom, you can't stop, keep going!" and for some weird reason, that gave me the energy to finish the run!  


If you are thinking, "I could never run 3 miles," well I am here to tell you that you CAN!  I use to HATE running.  I avoided it like the plague.  It made my lungs burn and I felt like I was going to die.  You have to work up to 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, than 1 mile, then 2 and so on.  It's not something you can do in 1 day.  

I love running now and it is relaxing to me and clears my mind.  I especially love running at 5:30 in the morning, but you don't have to do that:)  BABY STEPS!  

Thanks for reading my blog and I really am so grateful for all of my readers.  Thanks for sticking with me!!

8 comments:

  1. I just ran my first 5K too!! And like you I used to loathe running but now I love it! It is the only time that my brain feels quiet. It's like therapy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did so AWESOME too! I felt like walking less than 1/2 way through and made myself keep running. You and your daughter just rocked this run. Thanks SO much for running with me. You inspire me woman!!!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing your 5K run! What an accomplishment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am running my first 5k in September. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That's so exciting and I love that your friend made t-shirts for you guys - that's just too cute! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I did my first 5k last January and it felt so great to finish. I just signed up for my first half marathon and I'm nervous! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so excited you found me because now I get to check out your great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you! That's awesome. I started off running in baby steps too. I've done a 5k, 10k, 15k, half marathon and completed a marathon in 2008. I'm not fast, but I finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...