Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust

Oh..... now I know that sounded cold hearted, but I didn't really mean it that way. 

Yesterday, my 9 year old DD went downstairs to feed the pigs (Guinea), and she found Ethel dead and stiff as a board.  She came running upstairs crying.  I felt so bad for her.  She loved Ethel very much.  Ethel's original companion Lucy died about 8 months ago. 

Hubby and I traveled about 4 hrs. to get a new companion for Ethel.  Her name is Dolly.  Dolly is a little funny.  She doesn't like to be handled AT ALL.  Her face kind of reminds me of a rat's face.  Let's just say we haven't gotten as attached to her as the other 2 ladies. 


So now we have to decide whether to get another companion for Dolly, or find a home for Dolly.  I am leaning toward finding another home for her.  If we get a new guinea pig I am afraid she will be mean to it.   We will have to discuss this as a family and decide. I am voting for a dog. 

Just what you wanted to read about.  My Guinea Pig woes.  I will quit rambling and show you the cute picture of Ethel:

These ladies were best buds. We are sad that Ethel is gone.  Rest in peace Ethel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...