Saturday, December 4, 2010

Scrapbook paper Ball Ornament Tutorial



 If you have been a follower of my blog since day one, you may have already seen this, but I thought I would repost it, since many of you haven't seen it! I have also changed a few things as well.  My first tutorials were a bit unorganized!

  This is one of the easiest Christmas gifts I have made!  I love these. I hope you do too!


Here is what you'll need:
- plain glass or plastic ball ornaments (seems like these are on sale at every craft store right now!)

-scrap paper (I used scrapbook paper) and cut them into long thin strips )about 2 x 6 inches.  Use lots of different coordinating designs and colors.  Have fun with this!

-ribbon

-pencil

Take a strip of paper and roll it onto a pencil until it is nice tightly rolled.  Repeat this until you have rolled enough to fit snuggly in the ornament.

Now take the top of your ornament off, and stick the paper inside the hole at the top. You have to roll the paper really tight to get it in there, but it will loosen up once it gets in. It is fun to use lots of different paper, that coordinates, but you can pretty much use any colors. I usually use about 6 or 8 strips of paper. Use enough to fill up most of the inside of the ornament.

Next, put the top of the ornament back on, and tie some cute ribbon onto the top where there is a loop for hanging. I put 2 or three different colors of ribbon.

I love these ornaments and think they are so adorable! They are a great gift. You can personalize them for someone special, by using their favorite colors, favorite sports scrapbook paper, holidays, etc. The possibilities are endless! I hope you will try this out and let me know how it went.

As always, I appreciate your comments and if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me: kweight@byu.net

21 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous!!
    I would love it if you linked up to our party!!
    http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2010/11/holiday-hook-up.html
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is a great idea! It'd be an excellent way to use up the scraps I have leftover from making my holiday cards.

    Thanks for visiting me. Now I'm following you.

    I hope you have a great week! :)
    Alison
    http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by ! These are super cute ! I have a ton of scrapbook paper and you know some of it is Purdy Darn Cute but I will never use it in my pages and now I have something cute to do with it :) Awesome Idea !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I am sorry but I have to delete your link on the Meet Me On Monday linky because you did not participate and post your questions and answers in your post!

    I would love to have you join so please come back once you have your Meet Me On Monday post completed!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! So simple and pretty! It would look neat if you used scrap yarn in them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple and pretty! Just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new follower. Just thought I'd comment. Those ornaments are very cute. I look forward to trying to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute ornaments. I seen your post on Craft-O-Maniac.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea!

    Hi There- I am your newest follower from the Monday Blog Hop! I would love it if you could stop by and return the love :)

    http://waveoflifesurfstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this some time back but totally forgotten about them. What a gorgeous gift to give and way to decorate the tree. I am now following you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just an awesome craft. I NEED to make some. :-) Don't you just love it when you find a project that calls your name?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to use up scraps! Those are so cute! Great job! I would love for you to come visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made with Love Monday! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving this super cute easy craft idea!!! I think I might actually try this one...
    I am your newest follower from Wandering Wednesday. Please follow back..
    www.keepingitsimpleandsavvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are amazing! I would love for you to come link these up to my linky party. It is Tuesday. Wow! I love them.

    Stacy @ Not JUST A Housewife
    (happyhappyhousewife.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! Hey!!
    We featured you today on Paper Issues!!!
    Thanks!!!
    http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2010/11/holiday-hook-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh I adore this! I keep saying I'm going to create these and I'm so glad you gave us a wonderful tut. :)
    Fuzzy Slippers Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...