Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Let it SNOW! Picture Frame {Tutorial} repost

Today I am home sick from church.  I want to craft, but since I am feeling kinda crappy, I will show you one from last year.  I hardly had ANY followers last year, so I figure you probably haven't seen it:)


This Picture Frame craft was so EASY and CHEAP!  I don't mean cheap looking, just inexpensive....


Here is what I did:

I went to Joann's and bought a 5 x7 frame for 60% off, but you probably have one laying around your house, or you could buy one at goodwill.  That's what I usually do, but I was at Joann's and Yea, I gave in to the sale.  It cost me like $5.99.

Then I went to the gift wrap section and bought a cheap Christmas gift bag.  I think it was 60% off too!  It cost me like 1.29 or something.

I went home, cut out a 5 x 7 piece of the gift bag and put it in the frame.

Now for the next step, you could do several things!  I have a Cricut, so I cut out the "Let it Snow."  You could use rub ons, cut out letters with cardstock and glue them on....there are so many possibilities!  I put my vinyl on the outside of the glass.  SOOOO EASY!


This cost me about $7.50, not counting the vinyl.  I already had it.  Not bad, huh?  This would be a great gift too!

I am putting this on my mantle.  I'm wishing for SNOW......

16 comments:

  1. Great idea. Im your newest follower. Hop over an check out my blog at http://lydiaspennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute, I love easy yet awesome crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling idea. I think I will make a couple of them for myself and gifts. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! great for the whole winter (which i love!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. The glitter especially....and the fact that you have a hard time resisting a good sale. I'm a kindred spirit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. new gfc follower from keeping company thursday blog hop...i like your crafts. Feel free to follow back
    http://kelleya85.blogspot.com/2010/12/keeping-company-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! New follower from Frugal Fridays! You can visit me at mymodernguide.blogspot.com

    Beki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute! I'm wishing for snow, too. I might just have to settle for this kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and easy! I'm a new follower. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this so much! What a great simple idea. And you could even leave it up through January!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute!! I'm always looking at gift bags to possibly use for art...there are some great options out there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...