Saturday, July 9, 2011

Guest Blogger: Life With the Ellwoods


Hello everyone!
My name is Kristen from Life with the Ellwoods and I'm very excited to be a guest blogger for Karen today!

To get things started, here's a little bit about me: I'm twenty-something. I've been married to my best friend for a little over 2 years, but I snatched him up over 5 years ago. :) We're officially expecting our first little one this November and we cannot wait to meet our precious little girl! I started attempting a few DIY projects last Christmas and have been on a roll ever since. I love working on the house with the Hubs, decorating our house with a touch of modern country style, and making little crafts that add big touches.

But enough about me, here are 3 of my favorite projects to date:

We desperately needed more storage and I was tired of our TV being practically on the floor. My solution? Buy a dresser off Craigslist for $40.00 and get to work making it all spiffy. I'd say I did I pretty good job for my first furniture re-do.

We were super duper tired of our cheap light fixture in the kitchen so I found a beautiful replacement off of Craigslist for $20.00 and replaced the light caps with mason jars. It just might be our guests' favorite DIY project in our house.

One of my most recent projects was creating this baby plaque, which can also be interchanged with the word "hope." It was very simple to make but is one of my favorite things in Baby Girl's nursery!

A huge thanks to Karen for letting me be the guest blogger of the day and to all of you for stopping by Life with the Ellwoods! Hope to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...