Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Guest Blogger: Joy is at Home

Hello Pocket Full of Pink readers! I am so excited to be here today to quickly show you a bit about myself and my blog. I am Suzy and I have a blog called Joy Is At Home

I have lots of crazy things going on around my world. I am a nurse {within the last year} and recently built a cute, little starter house that I am quickly filling up with DIY projects. I just got married on June 4th to a super-tall hunky man that is daddy to our spoiled little yorkie, lily. We were blessed with a beautiful day for our outdoor ceremony {which almost never happens living in the always-unpredictable-minnesota}. This is us on the bridge over Minneopa Falls and over to the left of this was where our ceremony took place. 
I like to think I'm frugal, {ok a total cheap-o}, so most of my projects are done under $5... but I swear you'd never know!! Like this photo art I made from a thrifted cabinet door, mod podge, an engagement photo and an ink pad. These days, I rarely buy something in a real store. 
And since I've spent the last year wedding planning, there have been lots of wedding crafts that have spilled onto my blog {and several more to go that I haven't had time to post!}. This one is a "Bridesmaid's Survival Kit" I whipped up for my bridal party. I made sure to keep the list of everything in it and where to find it because it'd be perfect for a bride-to-be! 
 
And although there are no babies in my belly {yet!} I still enjoy a fun kids craft every now & then! A favorite of mine is this set of monthly onesies I made for a coworker using my silhouette {oh yes, there are lots of silhouette crafts}. There is one for every month until the baby is a year! They are darling & look even better in person! 

Thank you SO much to Karen for having me! There is tons more where that came from, so I hope you find some time to hop on over to my blog, check out the tutorials page and say hello!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...