Sunday, July 10, 2011

Guest Blogger: A Glimpse Inside

My name is Allison and I blog over at A Glimpse Inside.
A Glimpse Inside

I have a little tutorial for you today.

I have an old set of shutters hanging on the wall in our living room and I like to change out the decor with the seasons.
I created my Flower Garland but my center shutter was blank. I normally put a wreath on it but I just wasn't sure if that is what I wanted this go around.


I was up in my craft room and was staring at all my spools of ribbon (I think I'm a ribbon addict) and decided I should do something with all the bright colors.
So I decided to weave them to make a plaid background.

Here's the how-to:

Supplies:
-Glue Gun
-Ribbon
-Foam core board (cut to the size you like)
-Felt

Cut your ribbon into strips about an inch longer and wider than your board.
Decide on your pattern the placement of your ribbons.

Glue one end of your ribbon onto the back side of the foam board.

Flip the board over and pull each ribbon straight.

Next, weave each long ribbon one by one, over and under the ribbon that is already glued down to create the plaid pattern.
I chose to use all different ribbons but you could always use the same ribbon for both the width and height of the board.

Once you have all the ribbons weaved together, pull the ribbon tight that you glued in the beginning and then place a small amount of glue on the edge of the board. Then flip the board over.
This way when you flip the board, everything should stay in place.
(Trust me... I tried flipping without doing this more than once and had to start completely over!)

Once it's flipped, glue down all the extra ribbon onto the back.

I then had to figure out what I wanted to place on top and thought that I couldn't go wrong with a monogram. So I pulled out some gray felt and cut out an M.

Added a ribbon hanger and then hot glued the M on and done!

I love how it all came out!

Up close shot of the weaving ribbon.

Just what my shutter needed! Something bright and cheery! :)


Thanks for letting me come visit today, Karen!
And feel free to drop on by A Glimpse Inside anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...