Friday, September 9, 2011

{Savannah's refashioned Backpack}


A few days before school was going to start, my 9 year old daughter started asking me to buy her a new backpack.  I told her that her backpack was fine, there wasn't anything wrong with it.  She insisted and started whining about it.

We have a motto at our house some of you may  have heard of it:

Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without!

She wasn't buyin' it.  I told her, ok I will add some cute stuff to your backpack, like cute fabric or something.  She picked out some fabric from my stash, and I went to work.  Here is what I came up with.  It isn't anything too fantastic, but she was VERY excited about it!


I started with sewing on the ruffles, but the backpack was SO hard to manuver on my sewing machine that I decided to hot glue the fabric on.  I don't know how long it will last, but for now Savannah is one happy camper!


Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! Way to personalize it--I'm sure your daughter loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very cute & perfect for your little girl! A smart solution, super mom! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...