Saturday, August 18, 2012

French Vanilla Cookies with Heath Bits!

These cookies are ohhhhh so yummy!  I found this recipe the other day and didn't have any margerine thawed out, so I used shortening sticks (butter flavored).  Then I used French vanilla pudding (tastes SO good!), and added Heath bits instead of Chocolate Chips.  YUMMO!!


They turned out so soft and chewy, I am in Heaven!
We are heading to the Beach on Monday, so I made a bunch to munch on:)

Here's the recipe:

French Vanilla Cookies with Heath bar

1 cup Crisco Shortening + 2 tbsp water
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Sugar
1 (3.4 oz) instant French Vanilla pudding
2 eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
2-1/4 cups flour
1 8oz. bag of Heath bits

Preheat oven to 350F.  Stir together flour baking soda and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars together.
Add in pudding package and beat until well incorporated.
Add heath bits.
Roll into 1" balls and place on greased baking sheet.
Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes.

Devour them!! 
 

I am so impressed with how well these turned out with the shortening opposed to the butter.  They didn't go all flat and hard, like mine usually do.  

I may switch back to shortening instead of margerine when I bake!

Hope your having a fantastic weekend:)

7 comments:

  1. Ooh french vanilla, that's not a flavor you see everday in cookies. Looks delish! Visiting you from THee Networking Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! I found you through the hop and am now following via GFC. I'd love a follow back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com when you get a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Heath. These look SO delish! Stopping by from the Blog Hop! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at Heath too! YUM!!

    Thanks for linking up with us at Keep Calm & Link Up! Can't wait to see what you link up next week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies look so good! (I've always had better luck with shortening too.) Hope you had a fun time at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cookies look good and I like how you stacked them for the photo! I wish I was nibbling on one right now. I love cookies! I don't eat much candy but I do love Heath bars, so this sounds so good! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...