Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Flower Wall Art- My Take

You know I love going to Salvation Army when they have the 1/2 off sale.  I have a huge bag full of stuff that I haven't done anything with yet, but I am slowly working my way through it!

During Spring Break (which is over for us....SAD) I got creative and made a cute framed Flower Wall Art for my living room.  I didn't do a tutorial for you, because I can't totally take credit for it.  Alison over at Oopsey-Daisy did one too and I patterned mine after her fabulous looking one!  She did a great tutorial on her blog.

Instead of using Burlap for my background, I used a fabric quarter I got from Joann's 40% off!  I didn't sew on mine, and Alison did.  I was too lazy:) I painted spray painted my frame aqua blue. 

Well, here she is.....Whatcha think????
I glued everything on with a glue gun.  I used a piece of cardboard from a cereal box for the backing.  I sprayed adhesive on the cardboard and attached the fabric.  

I love how it brightens up my living room!  

I start school tomorrow.  I am taking Math, Spanish, Health and a Running class!
I am going to be a busy woman, but hopefully I will still be able to have time for some crafting too!!

Linking up with these parties:
Flamingo Toes
Craftomaniac
The Girl Creative
Skip to My Lou

19 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! THE COLORS everything. SO CUTE. winks-jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute :)

    PS: I shared this with my readers: http://mandmstudio.blogspot.com/2011/03/lovely.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my list of things to do, too - after seeing at Oopsey-Daisy! :-)
    Your version is adorable, too!
    ~Bec@littlelucylu :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, what a great job. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I am loving this. I need to do this for my daughter's room !!! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from Made By You Mondays. That is absolutely adorable. The colors just pop - so bright and cheery. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, love it - it's so happy! Thanks for sharing, I linked to you from Sugar Bee Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!! The colors are beautiful! Thanks for sharing :) Visiting from Blue Cricket Design

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cute. I have a spring wood plaque thing sitting right next to me as I type this. :-) Now I am rethinking the design. super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so adorable--love the frame color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cute cute!! Wish I had some wall space left in my daughter's room for this...Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter- good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE that you used fabric instead of burlap as the background. It turned out amazing... thanks for the link back, too!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!! So happy and cheery :-).

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute, stopping by from the blog hop and I'm a new follower!!

    Shannon@SewSweetCottage

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...