Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Burlap wrapped pillar candles with Rosettes

I have had these candles for a while now sitting on top of some pretty white pillars I bought at Salvation Army.  I like the candles, but they were so plain, and had marks all over them.  I just didn't like the way they looked!  So, the other night, I went to work making them cute!  I used some brown burlap, and fabric I had sitting around.

I cut around the shape of the candle and hot glued the ends.  Then I ripped a piece of fabric a little smaller than the burlap, so the burlap would show.  I hot glued the fabric on the ends.

Next, I made a cute rosette for each candle and hot glued it on each one!  Fabulous!!  I love how they turned out and I think they look sooooo much better.  I will show you the before and after pictures:
Before:
Can you say B-O-R-I-N-G?

After
Oh, so much better!  You likey?
This only took me about 30 minutes to do.  I love fast cheap crafts! 
Hope your having a great week!

I am linking to these parties:
Shabby Nest

7 comments:

  1. I am also a fan of the cheap fast craft! lol

    Love the fabric idea and how it kinda rolled on the ends. I really like the fabric you used with the rosettes, they came out cute. I made a rosette from an old jean belt and can't decide what to do with it. I may have to post it and ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cheap crafts too! I think the burlap looks neat, it gives the candle texture. You should link up at DIY Thrifty Thursday @ www.thrifty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, fast and fun! Thanks for finding me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love burlap! I have been on a burlap craze lately! I may have to make yet another thing in burlap now! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Visiting from Tip me Tuesday

    http://prudentlypaintedvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOH! I need to make those asap! fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh! Super cute!!

    Ive got some bare candles BEGGING to be wrapped in burlap!!

    ♥, Tara

    Please Visit Me Back @ FabuLESSly Crafty!


    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...