Friday, March 4, 2011

Flour sack Ruffle Dishtowel Tutorial

A few months ago I found this tutorial and had to try it!  I had lots of scrap fabric laying around and wasn't doing anything with it.  I love the monogram on hers, but I skipped that part.  I love the way they turned out!!
It was soooo easy!  I absolutely HATE to make ruffles.  That's why I loved this tutorial.  You simply rip some strips of fabric and slowly fold the fabric as you are sewing it.  That simple! 
I want to start making these for gifts.  I would, however recommend washing the material before you sew it on the flour sack towel.  That way it doesn't go all wonky when you wash the towel. Ha! 

Have a great weekend.  I am going to start out next week with a GIVEAWAY!!
I am linking up to these parties:

5 comments:

  1. how adorable! these would make wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your blog and it brings me joy to pass this award to you...i posted it on my blog. i realize some choose not to participate but, i wanted you to know i love your blog!
    http://melody-mae.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweetness-joy-this-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. great gift idea!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, thanks for the tips about the washing before sewing...now if I could be a tad bit better at the sewing part:)
    Christine
    greatoakcircle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted you to know that I love your blog! Very inspiring! Especially the ruffles-on-floursack-towel, too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...