Monday, March 21, 2011

Lovely T-shirt Make-over

I was at Target the other day and found 2 of the same shirt for $2.50 each.  They were long sleeve and V-neck.  I knew I had to buy them and try a make-over with them!  I have been wanting to try this for months, but haven't had the courage too.

I stumbled across this blog a few weeks ago, and I love her shirt redo tutorials.  She gives awesome directions!  This is where I got the idea for mine. Now remember, this is the first one I have done and I am NOT a seamstress by any means.  Sewing even kinda stresses me out, but I like how it turned out!

I also used another tutorial from another blog for the sleeves.  They were long sleeves, but I changed them to 3/4 sleeve length.  I feel terrible, because I can't remember the name of the blog that I got that tutorial from.  If anyone knows, please tell me so I can give here credit!!

 The neckline seemed a little stretched out when I was done, but I was planning on wearing that white shirt underneath anyways (don't like the cleavage look).
I really was happy with the way it turned out.  I have been wearing it everywhere!
It probably took me about 2 hours to make, but for my first time, I don't think that was too bad!

I can't wait to show you what I made today!  I am lovin' Spring Break!  My kids are keeping busy and I am able to create some lovlies:)

I am linking up with these ladies!

7 comments:

  1. I love it! You did a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out awesome! Pat yourself on the back Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought some $2.50 shirts from Target too! I am hoping to make them over thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this! I bought a shirt from Banana very similar to this...and now I want to try to make one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...