Monday, March 21, 2011

Lovely T-shirt Make-over

I was at Target the other day and found 2 of the same shirt for $2.50 each.  They were long sleeve and V-neck.  I knew I had to buy them and try a make-over with them!  I have been wanting to try this for months, but haven't had the courage too.

I stumbled across this blog a few weeks ago, and I love her shirt redo tutorials.  She gives awesome directions!  This is where I got the idea for mine. Now remember, this is the first one I have done and I am NOT a seamstress by any means.  Sewing even kinda stresses me out, but I like how it turned out!

I also used another tutorial from another blog for the sleeves.  They were long sleeves, but I changed them to 3/4 sleeve length.  I feel terrible, because I can't remember the name of the blog that I got that tutorial from.  If anyone knows, please tell me so I can give here credit!!

 The neckline seemed a little stretched out when I was done, but I was planning on wearing that white shirt underneath anyways (don't like the cleavage look).
I really was happy with the way it turned out.  I have been wearing it everywhere!
It probably took me about 2 hours to make, but for my first time, I don't think that was too bad!

I can't wait to show you what I made today!  I am lovin' Spring Break!  My kids are keeping busy and I am able to create some lovlies:)

I am linking up with these ladies!

7 comments:

  1. I love it! You did a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out awesome! Pat yourself on the back Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought some $2.50 shirts from Target too! I am hoping to make them over thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this! I bought a shirt from Banana very similar to this...and now I want to try to make one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job!!! It looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...