Friday, October 28, 2011

Today's Guest: Fireflies and Jellybeans


Hello Pocket Full of Pink!  I am so excited to be here to day to share with you a fun Fall Craft!
The Monster Bash is super fun isn't!  Are you loving it as much as I am?!
Let me introduce myself!
I am Fawnda and you can find me at Fireflies and Jellybeans!  I am a thirty-something mom of a son (3 1/2 years old) and a daughter (17 months)!  My Husband is my best friend and biggest supporter {I am every lucky}!
We have all sorts of fun over at Fireflies and Jellybeans! I share crafty tutorials with you, we have the Iron Crafter Competition and a fun Show Off Your Stuff linky party on Thursdays.




Today I am going to show you this super fun and easy Fall leaf table runner!
Fall is my second favorite time of year (summer being the 1st!).  I love the color of the leaves and the start of school and to decorate for fall! This fall leaf table runner is perfect for this time of year!

Here is what you need:
Fall colored felt or fleece
Leaf patterns (I used clip art for mine)
Scissors
Sewing machine (optional- you could hand sew if you want!)
Brown thread
 
1.) Cut out a BUNCH of leaves out of your felt/ fleece
 
 
I cut out about 22. Don't they look so pretty all piled up. I almost want to jump into them!


2.) Sew on leaf details on each leaf. It is a bit tedious - but so worth it! : )



3.) Sew sets of two leaves together at the tips.


4.) Line up at your pairs of leaves to get an idea of what order you want them to be placed in. I didn't want the same kind or color of leaf to be touching, but otherwise it was pretty random.


5.) Pile up all your leaf pair in the order you want to sew them.


6.) Sew your leaves pairs together. This also can be a bit tedious I sewed some together at the tips and others more to the bottom part of the leaves. I just had to see how it fit the best. But I would guess if you are a quilter you would probably be better at lining these up than I was.


7.) Lay it out on you table.
Or place you fall centerpiece on it! Find out how to make this one here.

Stop by Fireflies and Jellybeans for more fun ideas!




I love the Fall colors and I LOVE table runners!  So much fun.  Thanks for stopping by Fawnda!  If you haven't already, you HAVE to stop by her fabulous blog.  She has so many cool ideas for crafts.  Here is one of my favs:

I just love the whitewashed look of the frame!  The pretty wood flowers on the corners are gorgeous!  Check out the tuorial here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...