Monday, October 31, 2011

Today's Guest: Sugar Bee Crafts

Hi everyone!! I'm Mandy, from over at Sugar Bee Crafts:

 


Here's the whole gang on vacation this past summer:



I enjoy all things crafty and have lots of DIY and tutorials on my blog.  I even have a link party on Tuesdays so I can see your craftiness - then I show off a bunch of you on Wednesdays.  You might know me from a couple of my posts (click picture to check them out!):




Today I want to show you a quick how-to on making Pinwheel Hairclips.  You could make them in fall colors or Halloween colors or whatever you want.  I made one fall-ish with the turquoise and I am working ahead and made a holiday one as well.

First off iron a strip of heat-n-bond onto the back of some fabric:
 Then cut out 2 felt squares (mine were 2 1/2 inches) and 2 fabric squares out of the fabric that has heat-n-bond on it.  The fabric squares should be slightly smaller than the felt squares.



Peel the back off the fabric:

 Then iron it to the felt:

 Then make four cuts from the corners.  Be sure NOT to cut all the way  through - leave about 1/4 to 1/2 inch before you hit the center.  Cut lines are shown with white dashes:

 Then fold down one corner and secure it with hot glue in the center.  Then move on to the next corner.  Glue each corner down to the center.



Find some coordinating buttons and hot glue those on to cover the center:

Hot glue a hair clip to the back.  I use small pieces of non-slip shelf liner to go over where the clip attaches to the pinwheel - it helps the clip stay in place:

 Clip in and enjoy!!



 As you can see in the picture, the fabric can go on the inside or outside of the pinwheel, so have fun playing around with different designs:



 Happy Fall!!  Hope to see you over at Sugar Bee Crafts!





2 comments:

  1. Very cute lil hair clips. Bet the kids love them! Fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial! I'm going to make one for my granddaughter :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...