Saturday, October 22, 2011

Today's Guest: Southern Lovely

<span class=

Hey there! I am so excited to be taking part in Karen's fabulous month long bash! What an honor it is to be here! My name is Lindsay & I blog at Southern Lovely. I love creating simple, easy crafts that make a big statement--finding the time can be a bit challenging though, since I have three little ones at home. :) Today I am going to share a fun little Halloween craft that is super inexpensive, yet very eye catching!
Sticks or straw
Spray paint
Jute
Vinyl
Glue gun I saved the bottles that were used at our Pirate party, but decided to spray paint them black. Oh how I love spray paint. :) Then I took jute & wrapped it around the top, securing it with glue at the beginning & end. I bought these sticks @ Michaels, broke them in half, and placed them in the bottles. I also cut out the vinyl letters with my Cricut. And there you have it, some very cute little 'boo' bottles for the center piece of my mantle. And the best part about this little project, I am going to reuse them for my fall decorations--by removing the sticks, adding wheat straw, & turning the bottles around so you can't see the 'Boo'. Love it when you can have multiple purposes for something! Thanks so much for letting me stop by today. If you want to see more DIY's & such, I would love for you to drop by!



&<span class=
Thanks Lindsay!  Those are gorgeous and look fabulous on a mantle.  I hope you will go check out Southern Lovely to see what else she has up her sleeves!  Here is one of my favorite's from her blog:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...