Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DIY Anthropologie Trimurti Earrings

Hi everyone!  I am Jamie from the blog Some Dreaming State. This is my first ever guest blogging experience and I couldn't be more excited!

Today I'm going to show you how to make DIY Anthropologie Trimurti earrings - a perfect gift for a sister, best friend, etc. I also packaged them a bit untraditionally, but I think it's definitely memorable and festive.

Anthropologie Trimurti Earrings

DIY Trimurti Earrings

To make these earrings you will need:
• wire cutters
• round nose pliers
• needle nose pliers
• 3 different colors of similar beads (like these czech glass ones) I obviously didn't try to stick to the same color family, but it would be fun to play around!
• gold wire (make sure it fits through your beads! I used 22 gauge)
• 2 gold head pins
• 2 ear wires
• 3 round things to shape your circles, I used 2 dowels and a piece of pvc pipe. The were 1 1/2", 1 1/4", and 1" in diameter.

Cut 2 7" pieces of wire, 2 6" pieces of wire, and 2 5" pieces of wire.

Wrap the 5" piece around the smallest dowel to shape it (the picture shows the largest because it was easiest to photograph, but really start with the smallest).


Once it is rounded, thread on the beads. I did 3 purple, 3 green, 6 copper, 3 green, and 3 purple for the smallest circle.


Close the ends of the circle with loops, but don't wrap them. Open one of the loops slightly and connect it to the other loop, closing your circle.


Take a head pin and put a bead on it. Thread the head pin through the loops that closed your circle, like this. I pushed the two loops together and made sure the pin went through the space that they overlapped.

Wrap the 6" piece of wire around the medium dowel and thread on your beads. At this stage, I did 5 purple, 4 green, 8 copper, 4 green, 5 purple.

Loop the ends and close the circle again. Thread another bead onto your head pin and then thread it through the circle.



Wrap the 7" piece of wire around the biggest dowel and thread on the beads. I did 6 purple, 5 green, 10 copper, 5 green, 6 purple.

Loop and close the circle. Thread a bead first onto the head pin, then the circle, then another bead.

Create a loop at the top of the head pin to attach ear wires of your choice. Repeat all steps for the second earring.

Now that you've made these earrings, here is an idea for wrapping them! I'm really loving mason jars these days, so I wanted to incorporate them.

I filled one with about an inch of glitter and put in a little gift tag. Then I taped a loop of ribbon to the inside of the lid for the earrings to dangle from. Stick a bow on top, and you have yourself a one-of-a-kind gift.



Thank you so much for letting me be here today!
xoxo jamie

What a gorgeous gift!  Thanks for sharing these lovely earrings Jamie!  

2 comments:

  1. I love your packaging idea. I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The earrings are just beautiful! Who would have thought a Mason jar would make such a great gift package?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...