Friday, December 2, 2011

Today's Guest: Bonnie and Trish@Uncommon Designs

We are Bonnie and Trish from the blog, Uncommon, and we are so thrilled to be here at Pocket Full of Pink Today.  At Uncommon we share a love of sewing, decorating, party planning, and all things crafty!  We would love for you to join us for our Home for the Holidays link party on Wednesday!  We have had some amazing projects linked up.  Today, we are so excited to share a project of our own with you guys! 







Last Christmas, I set out to make teaching my children about the birth of Christ my main priority and focus. I wanted to celebrate Advent with my girls in a way that would be fun and thoughtful so a whimsical calendar was on the top of my to-do list.






First, I sewed 25 drawstring bags using fun and girly colors ( I love having two girls!) and then tied them to a string with cute ribbon and a numbered charm.

Each day of December I filled the bag with a little treat. Some days I would include a bible verse, some days a fun activity, and then others I would put some small chocolates (their absolute favorite). There are so many ideas out there if you google Advent calendars. They eagerly awaited the next day and what the mystery bag would hold and I loved sharing the story of the birth of Christ in such a fun way. On Christmas morning their last treat bag was the baby Jesus ( from our Little People nativity set) and we sat down to talk about the greatest gift that we will ever receive.
I am once again committed to keeping our family focused on the birth of Christ this year. Will you join me?

Thanks so much for having us Karen! 
Merry Christmas everyone! 

Bonnie and Trish

Thanks Bonnie and Trish!  I love new ideas for advent calendars!  This one is darling:)

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! So fun for the little ones! This is a great guest post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...