Sunday, December 11, 2011

Shabby Apple Winner and Sanex Strip Christmas Wreath!

Congratulations to Mandy B!  She won the Francine Pencil Skirt from Shabby Apple!  Here is what she said:
 I follow your blog and I like Shabby Apple
Mandy
starmandy2786@yahoo.com
  I have sent Mandy an e-mail.  Thanks to all of you who entered.  I wish you could all win!!


Have you ever heard of Sanex strips?  Well, let me tell ya.  I used to work in a Hair Salon for a living.  I still cut my family's hair and some friends.  

When you go to a salon to get your hair cut, remember the white strip thingy they wrap around your neck before they put the lovely cape on?  Well, that is what I made this wreath out of!  Strange, huh?  

I have a bag full of my hair cutting stuff, and a ton of the sanex strips fell out of their container and I didn't feel like putting them all back, so I made this wreath.  

I added some cute red and white striped ribbon for color.
I didn't make a tutorial out of this, because I honestly didn't know if it was going to turn out!  I know there are similar tutorials out there in blogland you could look up.

Here is what it looks like with the whole display.  My hubs made that shelf in the 90's.  I know the hearts are a little outdated, but I love it because HE made it! 


I hope you are having a great Sunday!  I am so excited because Tuesday is my last final.  Yea!!  Then 2 weeks off of school.  WAHOO!! (I am just like my kids:)

3 comments:

  1. What a creative use of Sanex strips (didn't even know that's what they were called)! Your wreath turned out so cute and what a nice gift from your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower and I look forward to reading more of your posts. I'd appreciate it if you came by my blog and followed me back. Thanks! http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I featured your wreath from our last Bedazzle Me Monday party!! Feel free to stop by and grab a feature button :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2012/01/you-dazzled.html
    Thanks so much for linking. Hope to see you again this week! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...