Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Today's Guest: We Like to Learn as We Go!


I'm so excited to be guest blogging here on Pocket Full of Pink!  I hope you enjoy the little spotlight on my blog and come over and visit me at We Like to Learn as We Go!  I would love to get to know you!

A few things about me - my name is Alexis.  My husband and I have been married for 2 years and we have a beautiful 9 month old girl.  We've learned a lot in the short time we've been married and thought it would be a good idea to write a book about all the things newlyweds need to know.  But I decided to start with my blog We Like to Learn as We Go to share the things I learn every day as a wife, mom, crafter, and cook.  It's a very fun journey!

I wanted to give you a little sneak peak of the things I like to blog about. Being a first time mom to a beautiful little girl, I'm learning how to fill her life with happiness and learning, but also how to keep my life organized and give myself a little "me" time.  That's why I also do crafts!  Some things I've learned about being a mom are how to love my new mommy body, how I found purpose in being a SAHM, how to get my daughter back to sleep, and tips to getting your baby to sleep through the night.

I've also had a few "Epic Fails" that I like to call them.  You'll have to come check those ones out.  They may have to do with my daughter spitting her food, setting off the fire alarm, and learning how to cut my daughter's bangs.






When I'm not writing about my family and being a mom, I like to blog the crafts that I do to help me keep my creative juices flowing.  Some of my favorites are my No Sew Braided Headband that is great for babies to adults!  All you need is an old stretchy t-shirt.  It only takes a few minutes (which is often all I have with an active daughter)!


I'm learning how to better decorate cakes and cupcakes also.  I took a Wilton Cake Decorating class a few months ago with my sister-in-law and we've been having fun decorating cakes for fun occasions.  I recently made some spider cupcakes for Halloween.  They were delicious and cute!


I also got into a pillow kick and made two for my living room to spice things up a bit.  I made a felt flower pillow as well as an applique fall pillow.  They were learning experiences and I definitely used my seam ripper a few times, but I loved how they turned out!

 
Thanks again Pocket Full of Pink for letting me guest blog!  It is such a great opportunity!  And I hope to see you all soon!

- Alexis

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...