Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Homemade Wheat Bread recipe- Easy!


I am going to be honest with you.  I am not a fabulous homemaker, I have only been making this bread for about 2 years now, but I am hooked (along with my family) and my kids actually like this bread better than store bought now.  It is delicious!

I always thought making bread from scratch was so time consuming and that it took some kind of magic to get the bread to rise, but trust me, this bread is yummy and it works for me every time! 

 The friend that gave me this recipe uses a Bosch Mixer with a dough hook, but I don't have one, so I make it by hand and it's not bad AT ALL!

Let me share the recipe with you:

Yummy Wheat Bread 

In the mixer combine and mix on speed 2 until well blended:
1 C hot tap water and 2 TBSP of yeast to soak for 5-10 minutes then add to:
5 cups Hot tap water
2/3 C. oil (I use canola)
2/3  Honey or Molasses  (I have used both and they are both fantastic!)
4-6 C. Freshly Milled Whole Wheat Flour

Switch to speed 1:
Add 2 TBSP salt (always add salt, it helps with the rising)
Add slowly 6-10 cups Whole Wheat flour while kneading (I usually use half wheat and half white flour)
Sprinkle in the last of the flour 1/4 cup at a time.  When enough flour has been added, the dough pulls away cleanly from sides of bowl.

Knead:  on speed 1 another 5 minutes
Shape:  Into loaf pans and let rise until the dough doubles in size. (usually I fill 5 bread pans and let it rise for about 60 minutes covered with a dish towel)

Bake: 350 for 30-40 minutes (mine take 30 minutes)
Beautiful!

Again, you DON'T need a Bosch Mixer to make this.  I do it by hand!  You can do it!!  
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to e-mail me:  kweight@byu.net.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I love wheat bread. I don't have a mixer either, so I would need to do it by hand - so glad you let me know it's possible!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...