Monday, October 29, 2012

Guest Post: Live, Teach, Create

Well hello y’all! Before I begin, I must take the time to be thankful for being a Guest Blogger here on “Pocket Full of Pink”. I am so happy to have been asked to come back and happy to be here. So where do I begin? My name is Jennifer Smith-Sloane and I am a 30-something wife, teacher, mother to several dogs, country girl and all around creative person. I am currently in my 9th year teaching and am doing what I love. I moved down this year to teach 7th grade (from 8th) and added in Resource Math for 7th and 8th as well as a 2nd section of school newspaper. Yep, I’m a busy girl! I have been a creative soul for as long as I can remember and love every aspect of creating things whether it be for myself, my home, my family, my friends or my classroom. I was an avid scrapbooker up until this past summer. I still love the craft but my teaching has taken over with all that is on my plate. I have now been able to express my creativity in the form of making things for my classroom. My creative side has merged with my Masters in Curriculum and formed an amazing bond. [caption id="attachment_2665" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Click on the picture to be taken to the item in my TpT store![/caption] Every night you can find me creating something for use in my classroom from activities, to games and various different Flippables (folding graphic organizers) for our Interactive Notebook. It has totally become my passion and I am LOVING all the time that I spend on creating for my students (and other’s students). Because of this passion, I opened a store on Teachers Pay Teachers where I, among over 14,000 other sellers, are able to share creations we have made for our students with other like-minded teachers who want to find amazing things to use in their classroom to improve the lives and learning of their students. Since I teach middle school, many of my products are geared to grade 5-8 but I have started creating more that are geared to lower levels (K-4) due to the needs of my Resource Math classes. [caption id="attachment_2405" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Click on the logo to be taken to my TpT Store![/caption] As a teacher, I am constantly on the lookout for new and impressive ways to benefit the learning of my students. Going outside the box is my mission on a daily basis. I’ve recently filmed some videos of things I have created for my classroom and thought it would be a great time to share them with the public. Each of these activities are things that are not only created by me but tested by my students. They are my first trial for everything and I value their feedback that middle-schoolers are so proud to hand out. Not to leave you high and dry, but I have created a freebie for all “Pocket Full of Pink” members. In this freebie you will find a nice mix of Pink items that I’ve bundled together for you into a “Pocket Full of Pink Giveaway” bundle. To download, you will need a TpT account (it’s free) and then you can go straight here to download the bundle! I do hope that you are able to use the items or link them on to someone who can. Feel free to share the link for others to download and I would love feedback to be left if you feel so inclined! Thank you for allowing me to share a bit about myself today here on “Pocket Full of Pink” and I do hope that you might come check out my blog, Live.Teach.Create, or take some time to follow me on Facebook or Twitter (personal) or Twitter (teacher side).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments...I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...